Peter S. "Pete" Illoway, Cheyenne, Wyoming
Pete Illoway served 14 years in the Wyoming State Legislature in the House of Representatives completing his final term in December 2012. He is currently a consultant in government and public affairs. He was previously employed by the Wyoming Department of Agriculture, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Cheyenne LEADS (Cheyenne's economic development organization), and retired from Coastal Chem, Inc., a nitrogen fertilizer manufacturer.
Pete lives in Cheyenne, Wyo., with his wife Chloe who retired as the executive director of the Cheyenne Symphony Orchestra.
Pete is a member of the following:
- Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce and Military Affairs Committee
- Commanders Action Group for Air Force Global Strike Command
- Air Force Association Cowboy Chapter 357
- Board of Directors of the Cheyenne Regional Airport - Treasurer
- Board of Directors of the Wyoming Taxpayers Association
- Board of Directors of the Cheyenne Country Club - President
- Board of Advisors of First Interstate Bank of Cheyenne
- Board of Advisors of the American Heritage Center at the University of Wyoming
- Cheyenne Frontier Days Public Relations Committee and Heels
- Cheyenne LEADS
Pete and Chloe together have five children and six grandchildren.
He is a 1963 graduate of Colorado State University at Fort Collins, Colo., with a B.S. Degree in Farm and Ranch Management Economics.