The Wyoming Business Council Board of Directors will consider two Business Ready Community (BRC) funding requests during its June 20 special meeting at 1 p.m. in room 109 of the Clay Pathfinder building on the Laramie County Community College campus.
The Business Council Board and staff will also consider Business Resource Network and Innovation Center contracts, along with a request for proposal regarding beef processing and a large loan request. As a special meeting, only the listed agenda items will be discussed. Board meeting materials are available for review at http://wyomingbusiness.org/boardbook.
For those participating, listening and/or watching remotely, please register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3268558196964750603. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. Users will be given an audio option (computer or phone). The site will automatically proceed to the streaming video. Participants can also use the GoToWebinar app from a smartphone.
To speak during the meeting, please call Content Marketing Manager Tom Dixon at 307-275-2217 or send an email to email@example.com prior to 4 p.m. on June 19. Please state your name and the topic about which you would like to speak.
BUSINESS READY COMMUNITY (BRC) GRANT APPLICATIONS
Business Council staff review each application, conduct site visits, or conference calls in the case of planning grants, and make presentations to a board subcommittee before making final recommendations to the full board.
About the Program: The Wyoming Business Council administers the Business Ready Community grant and loan program, which provides financing for publicly owned infrastructure that serves the needs of businesses and promotes economic development within Wyoming communities.
The Business Council board is required by statute to forward BRC grant and loan recommendations to the State Loan and Investment Board (SLIB) for final approval. The SLIB is comprised of the five statewide elected officials: the governor, secretary of state, state auditor, state treasurer and state superintendent of public instruction.
The SLIB will make final decisions on BRC project requests at its October meeting
Community Development - Readiness
- Campbell County requests an extension on its $1.5 million grant for the purchase of land in the Fort Union Industrial Park and construction of a 4,000 square-foot steel lab and related infrastructure for the Advanced Carbon Products Innovation Center. The project is expected to allow for the development of value-added coal projects at the pilot or pre-commercial development stages. (Staff recommends approving the extension.)
- Campbell County requests a $2 million loan for the renovation and remodel of the Energy Hall & Heritage Center at the CAM-PLEX Multi-Events Facility in Gillette. The project is expected to increase the number of events and visitors at the facility. (Staff recommends funding as requested.)
LARGE PROJECT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT FUND
About the Program: The Wyoming Business Council provides recommendations for the Economic Development Large Project program. The governor has final approval of the projects after a SLIB review. Through the program, the state treasurer is authorized to lend funds for the benefit of Wyoming businesses. The loan may finance purchase, construction and installation of buildings or equipment, which will add economic value to goods, services or resources within the state.
- WYTEC requests a $9.35 million loan to build an 80,000 square-foot biomedical facility in Cheyenne. The total project will be $17.8 million. The company plans to employ 81 workers and the economic impact to the state is estimated to be $3.16 million annually. (Staff recommends funding as requested.)
For more information about these projects, visit the Wyoming Business Council website, www.wyomingbusiness.org, or call 1-800-262-3425.
- Thursday, June 20, 2019; 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM dd>
- Laramie County Community College -- Room 109 Clay Pathfinder building
1400 E College Dr
- https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3268558196964750603 dd>
- http://www.wyomingbusiness.org/news/business-council-board-to-hold-special-/11456 dd>
- Business dd>
- Board dd>