Business Training Grants for Existing Positions provide up to $2,000 per trainee per fiscal year for established Wyoming businesses with existing employees who need a skill upgrade or retraining in their current occupations.
In order for the training to be approved, the business must demonstrate the following:
- Training will either correct an employee’s skill deficiency or upgrade an employee’s current skill level.
- There is a direct relationship between the training and the trainee’s occupation or craft.
- The training is not normally provided by the business.
- The business will not substitute funds normally provided for training or funds obtained from another source with Business Training Grant funds.
- There is a need for the skill upgrade provided by the training for the business to remain competitive in the industry or economy.
The skill upgrade provided by the training will:
- Enhance the business’s productivity, efficiency or profitability;
- Reduce employee turnover;
- Enhance employee effectiveness; or
- Enhance employee wages.
Please call the Workforce Development Training Fund office at 307-777-8650 for more information about the Pre-Hiring Economic Development Grant program.
Business Training Grants Application (users must register)
Business Training Grants Rules
Forms and Documents