April 16, 2012
CASPER, Wyo. – Wyoming business leaders interested in sharpening their marketing and leadership skills are encouraged to attend a professional development series in Gillette and Rock Springs, Wyo., in May.
The Wyoming Business Leadership Institute (WBLI), an advanced business leadership education program offered by the Wyoming Business Council and the University of Wyoming College of Business, is offering an accelerated, three-day series focused on marketing and leadership.
The Summit Series is the second tier of professional development training offered through the WBLI. Summit Series participants will learn from University of Wyoming College of Business professors how to hone marketing and leadership skills important to business professionals in the workplace.
The Leadership Summit will be held in Gillette, May 8-9, followed by a Marketing Summit on May 10-11. A Marketing Summit will be held in Rock Springs, May 8-9, followed by a Leadership Summit on May 10-11. Class times for both classes on all dates are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on the first day, and from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on the second.
Participants may choose to take one or both of the learning tracks. Those who participate in the Leadership Summit will:
- Recognize how personality influences effective and ineffective behavior within themselves and others
- Use leadership practices and skills that foster effective work relationships
- Manage decisions that ensure consensus and “buy-in” from others
- Recognize situations that require leader decisiveness
- Use leadership methods to develop positive work culture
Marketing Summit participants will:
- Understand the strategic marketing process
- Analyze the marketing environment through information acquisition, management and use
- Understand situational analysis
- Understand customer analysis
- Integrate the marketing mix in managing the customer experience
Cost to participate is $950 for each Summit ($850 for WBLI Alumni), or $1,700 to attend both the Marketing and Leadership Summits ($1,500 for WBLI Alumni). The registration deadline is April 20.
For more information or an application, please visit www.wyomingbusinessinstitute.com or contact Cindy Garretson-Weibel at the Wyoming Business Council at email@example.com.
To reserve a room at the Holiday Inn in Rock Springs, call 307.382.9200. To reserve a room at the Clarion in Gillette, call 307.686.3000. Be sure to ask for the WBLI conference rate.
The mission of the Business Council is to facilitate the economic growth of Wyoming. The Business Council, a state government agency, concentrates its efforts on providing assistance for existing Wyoming companies and start-ups, helping communities meet their development and diversification needs, and recruiting new firms and industries targeted to complement the state’s assets. For more information, please visit www.wyomingbusiness.org.