About the Program
This program provides financing for publicly owned infrastructure that serves the needs of businesses and promotes economic development within Wyoming communities. Cities, towns, counties, joint powers boards and both Tribes are eligible to apply for funding. Public infrastructure that is eligible for funding includes water; sewer; streets and roads; airports; rights of way; telecommunications; land; spec buildings; amenities within a business park, industrial park, industrial site or business district; landscaping, recreation and educational facilities; and other physical projects in support of primary economic and educational development.
- BRC Program - Information about BRC rules, applications, downloadable forms and more.
- BRC Portfolio - Information about program funding and projects.
Eligible Grant and Loan Activities
Infrastructure such as water, sewer, streets, telecommunications, airports, rights of way, land, spec buildings, or amenities within a business park, industrial park, industrial site or business district or other appropriate physical projects in support of primary economic development. Educational development infrastructure such as workforce training facilities are eligible. Recreational facilities, landscaping and convention centers are also eligible. Managed data center utility costs.
Cities, towns, counties and joint powers boards are the primary applicants for this program. State and local community development organizations can assist and provide project management development under contract to the primary applicant. The Council may enter into contracts/cooperative agreements with the Eastern Shoshone Tribe and the Northern Arapaho Tribe in order to promote the purpose of the program and fund infrastructure projects.
The BRC funds seven types of projects (for more details, please review the BRC rules or contact the Wyoming Business Council):
- Business Committed Projects – Infrastructure to facilitate the start-up, retention, expansion, or location of a specific committed business. Maximum award is $1.5 million with a 10% match.
- Managed Data Center Projects – Infrastructure to improve the development or expansion of data generation and information technology storage. Maximum award is $2,250,000.
- Community Readiness Projects – No specific business is committed to expand or locate in the community. Infrastructure to prepare a community for future business development under a specific community plan. Maximum award is $1 million with a 15% match.
- Downtown Development Projects – Community Readiness project located in a downtown or Main Street Program area. Maximum award is $1million with a 15% match.
- Community Enhancement Projects – Infrastructure to improve aesthetics or quality of life to make a community attractive for business development. No specific business is committed to expand or locate in the applicant’s community. Maximum award is $500,000 with a 50% match.
- Child Care/Senior Care Projects – Infrastructure to facilitate the start up or expansion of a child care or senior care facility. Maximum award is $1 million with a 15% match.
- BRC Planning Projects – There are five types of planning grants available:
- Economic Development Plans. Maximum award of $50,000 with a 25% match. These are plans that address the community as a whole and identify potential future economic development. opportunities and further develop a community's economic development strategy.
- Feasibility Studies. Maximum award of $25,000 with a 25% match. These are site specific or industry specific plans must determine the feasibility of a project or plan for a project that addresses an economic development objective.
- Promotional Plans. Maximum award of $25,000 with a 25% match. These are plans that specifically address the promotion of a community's economic development asset(s). Examples would be branding or downtown development.
- Tourism Plans. Maximum award of $25,000 with a 25% match. These are plans that address economic development opportunities for a defined region or community that specifically focuses on the tourism and hospitality industry.
- Regional Targeted Industry Plans. Maximum award of $50,000 with a 25% match. These are plans that encompass a defined region and potential targeted industries for economic development growth.
CLICK HERE to download a brochure with more information on the
Business Ready Community Program (BRC)
Business Ready Communities and Community Facilities Program Manager at 307.777.2813, or contact your Regional Director.